Megan's Taco Smash
Red Bell pepper
Salsa of choice
1. Bake the sweet potato at 400 for 45mins-1 hour (varies depending on size).
2. Cook the ground turkey meat. Season with favorite Mexican seasoning.
Mine (for 1lb of turkey, double for 2lbs etc):
• 1 ½ tsp. ground cumin, 1 tsp Chili powder, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp onion powder, ½ tsp salt, ½ pepper, ¼ cayenne pepper.
3. Peel and mash the sweet potato (no butter or oil needed). Slice bell pepper, slice avocado.
4. Using your food scale. Put your phase appropriate amount of sweet potato on plate (carb meal), then the phase appropriate amount of ground turkey (protein), add the lettuce shreds (free), avocado (fat), bell pepper on the side (carb veggie) and the salsa on top (free).
5. ENJOY! This is one of my favorite meals! : )
**Remember don’t cook just one meal, shop and cook in bulk! This is delicious day, 1,2 and 3!